3/16 Update: Westside Closure To Continue
Good evening, Westside families,
Based on guidance we received from state-level officials today, Westside Community Schools will remain CLOSED through Sunday, April 12th.
Just like this week, a closure means no practices, on-campus gatherings, events, facility rentals, etc. We highly encourage our students and staff members to stay home. All certified staff will be working from home, being responsive to emails, phone calls and school issues during regular school day hours. We will be sharing more information from our Teaching and Learning team with guidance for our students, parents and families, as our Extended Campus Learning will now span several weeks.
- Academic assignments for the week of March 23rd – 29th will be sent home on Tuesday, March 24th.
- Academic assignments for the week of March 30th – April 3rd will be sent home on Tuesday, March 31st.
- We will observe SPRING BREAK the week of April 6th – 10th as scheduled. There will be NO academic assignments that week.
- We are adjusting some of our free food dispersal plans based on how things went today. Within the next few days, we will communicate when and where food will be available for our students and families for the weeks of March 23rd – 29th, March 30th – April 3rd, and April 6th – 10th.
- We are receiving many requests from families asking how they can help others. If you would like to offer support, please CLICK HERE to make a cash donation to the Westside Foundation.
- Click the first box: Foundation, Projects, Campaigns and Other (select one)
- Note under ‘additional details’ that your donation is to support families during the district closure.
- Westside Foundation Club 66 and Early Childhood Centers, as well as Underwood Hills, fall under the same closure rules as Westside Community Schools. This means NO childcare, Club 66, or programming at our Early Childhood Centers or Underwood Hills through April 12th.
- All Westside Community Schools buildings and campuses will be closed, as everyone is urged to stay home.
We are working to postpone and re-schedule as many events as we can in the hopes that local health officials will give us the ‘all clear’ for a return to school in some fashion in April or May. We are not yet sure what this will look like, but will continue to communicate with you as we move forward.
Westside Community Schools